9.10.2006

So over the summer I read a good world cup blog done by Michael Davies...so I got the brilliant idea that it might be something fun to do for the Boys in Blue...mind you, I have ZERO previous blogging experience, and my views may not always remain biased...but whether or not you like it, I'd love to get some feedback....I'll try to post a couple times during and then promptly after all games.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it out to Illinois with the boys, so my blogs don't start until the Boot Game with F&M...A little background on the game..."The Boot" is actually a shoe that was worn by the legendary coach Al Hershey who graduated from Etown in '64 and was a two-time All-American for the Jays in '62 and '63. Hershey later went to coach at both F&M and Etown. The Smith-Herr Trophy however is named for former F&M coach Robert Smith and former Etown coach Ira R. Herr. The trophy was established in 1978. Going into the contest, Etown leads the series 21-4-3. However the Diplomats are the current owners of the hardware after last year's 1-1 draw...The game will be played in Etown at 7:00 pm on Wednesday September 6th.

No comments: